Monday, February 22, 2010

lunch boxes and stenos

[RANDOM THOUGHT. Remember the old school days? Nah, I'm not talkin' about 4th, 5th, and 6th grade... I'm talkin' about Kindergarten and 1st grade. Oh yeah, the days of Ferbies and Pokemon lunch boxes. One thing I remember most about those times was my Pokemon Lunch Box; complete with a Pikachu thermos and Charizard Pringle-holder. Oh, those days were great. Don't you wish you can just escape back to age 5? Where your biggest worry is the seating chart, who's gonna be 'it' at recess, or getting your steno signed? I know I do.]

School is such an odd thing. Not only are you at one place for 8 hours of your day, but you're there with the same 1200 people for 9.5 months out of the year. See, when you look at it that way... school is weird. Aprx. 180 days of school are required in one school year. Lets do some math...

k-12 grade (13 years)= 13X180= 2,340 days of school [minus pre-k], on average, before college.

2,340 x 9 hours (a typical school day + extra stuff- sports, plays, before/after school stuff )=21,060 hours of school in a pre-college kid's life.

21,060 hours=
-75,816,000 seconds
-1,263,600 minutes
-877.5 days
- A bit over 2.4 years

I don't know what else to say....

Blog ya later,
aglenn.

ps- please correct me if my math is wrong.... i wouldn't be surprised if it is, honestly.

1 comment: